What Is Information?
“Information are facts provided or learned about something or someone.”
From this brief and simple definition, it can be seen that having or gathering information is a thing of the mind. To have facts about something or someone you have to commit your mind to study and research of whatever it is you want to know.
Your mind was given to you to nurture, to feed, to grow and to exercise. Your mind is the factory of your life and it is up to you to put in the right data(information) if you want to produce the right results and products. Below are some thoughts I wrote down on why information is so important in our daily living:
- Information is power: To illustrate this, I’d use this analogy, suppose you needed some money urgently and a friend credited your account with some money and your bank didn’t alert or notify you of this transaction, and neither did your friend, you wouldn’t know to use the money…but when you’re adequately informed, you can go and make the withdrawal, that action you take there is power in display. Information empowers you to act accordingly.
- Information boosts confidence: As the definition above implies, when you have the facts, your fear and ignorance just drifts away, and you can do what it is you want to do with boldness and confidence knowing you’re doing the right thing.
- Information makes you have influence: the power a master has over the one under him is information, the nations that run the world do so by information, the businesses that thrive and always seem to stand out in the market above their counterparts do so through information. So if you want to stand out, if you want to take the lead, if you want to be influential, you must be well informed because the world is moving so fast, and it moves towards where there is data(information)…
- The quantity of information you have will determine your response to events around you: information is never too much, get as much as you can, the more information you have, the more resourceful you become and the better equipped to handle whatever comes.
- Information brings Knowledge, and finally,
- The source of your information determines the efficiency and efficacy of your information, a wrong source of information will only produce wrong results.
These are just some of my personal thoughts on information. You see, there is nothing too big or impossible for you to have or do. You can achieve whatever you set your mind to, you just need to arm yourself with the right information.
Thank you for reading my blog, I will love to hear your thoughts, views and comments, till next time, God bless you.